Downloading the original image
  • Vote Up1Vote Down greg September 2010

I often need to download the original image I uploaded to Vae. I can currently do this by copying the address of the thumbnail displayed in Vae and removing the word 'thumb' before the series of numbers (https://s3.amazonaws.com/data.vaeplatform.com/thumb.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.jpg).

This is fine for me, but looks sloppy and is difficult for a client. Is there a cleaner way to do this? Or maybe some sort of button can be added to download original?

Thanks,
    Greg

• 6 Answers sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Scott September 2010

Hey Greg - You make a great point. Currently you can only pull down an original image using the method you mentioned... which is a little cumbersome. A link/button to download the original image file from the Vae back-end would be helpful. I'll bump this up.

• Vote Up0Vote Down Scott September 2010

Also, I moved this discussion to a newly created category for Feature Requests.

• Vote Up0Vote Down greg September 2010

Thanks!

• Vote Up0Vote Down KevinKevin September 2010

I just rolled out a new update that lets you download the original file just by clicking the thumbnail. Let me know if that helps.

Doesn't seem to be working for me. Is this only for certain images? Or anywhere?

Oh wait I see. You can't click the image in the list, you must actually edit the image and then press it.

I feel like there should be some sort of + icon to indicate when you can view the original.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion