Hide Permalink Field From Client
  • And also I would like to be able to disallow a client from altering a custom permalink field in the content tab.

Thanks!
    Ray
    NoFavorite

• 7 Answers sorted by
  • What's the reason for this?

• I'm not sure if i am wording this correctly, but basically this is the issue. I've built this site http://kat.vaesite.com/ utilizing a lot of permalink structures, that are integral to it functioning. Basically it's one set of files, but out putting two sites.

And the only way I could get really beautiful looking permalinks, was to do this strange thing using the custom permalinking structure within the Vae tab.

my aim is rraayyssoohhnn

• or like even the ability to just lock a user out from altering the [custom] permalink field would be great

thank you so much!

• I still don't understand. What would break if someone changed a permalink?

• Yeah, isn't it dynamic so it would always be made on the fly? lol

• When you build permalinks using the /[custom]/ feature, there is a possibility of the client altering an individual item's permalink and thus breaking functionality is what Ray is saying, I believe.

• Yes, and my point is that if you're designing things properly, the client SHOULD be able to change these things WITHOUT breaking functionality.

So I'm asking what assumptions you're making, so I can tell you how to not do that.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion