Populating a site with dummy content
  • Ok, this is going to sound crazy, but being that I am a little bit nuts, I'll throw it out there anyway.

One thing I've noticed, is that when building a site, we always find ourselves populating the back end with tons of dummy content. Oftentimes, this takes longer than setting up the site structure itself, only to be deleted when the real content arrives.

I'm imagining a button that says "Populate Site With Dummy Content". Pressing this fills every text box with one random paragraph of Lorem Ipsum, every text field with one sentence of Lorem Ipsum,, every image field with a 1x1 grey PNG, every collection with one item, and so forth.

What do you think?

.--.
    {\ / q {\
    { `\ \ (-(~` - i love the idea!
    { '.{`\ \ \ )
    {'-{ ' \ .-""'-. \ \
    {._{'.' \/ '.) \
    {_.{. {` |
    {._{ ' { ;'-=-. |
    {-.{.' { ';-=-.` /
    {._.{.; '-=- .'
    {_.-' `'.__ _,-'
    |||`
    .='==,

• 3 Answers sorted by
  • I like it. It will be somewhat hard to do, I think, but it's definitely something we can look at.

• Cool. There will obviously need to be some hand work done after the site is populated, but I think that in general it would work and help to save time.

Anyone have any good suggestions for how this could be done?

• Hey Greg,

I rolled out this feature. There's a new button under "Operations" on the Vae tab that will fill a collection or section with Lorem Ipsum.

Give it a try and let me know what you think!

Kevin

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion