Vae Local Development Environment Update: Includes Sass 3
  • Just wanted to let you all know that Vae Local Development Environment v0.5.0 has been released. This update includes bug fixes, as well as an upgrade to the latest Compass and Sass 3.

You can download it at:
    http://docs.vaeplatform.com/vae_local

• 7 Answers sorted by
  • Kevin,

Is there anything else I need to update to use the new version? I am using OS X Lion. This is the error message I get when starting Vae Local Development Environment

Gin-Lanes-Mac-Pro:salon94 michaelburtonray$ vae -u michaelburtonray
    /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `gem_original_require': no such file to load -- chunky_png (LoadError)
    from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `require'
    from /usr/local/vae/vae_local/lib/vendor/compass/lib/compass/sass_extensions/sprites/engines/chunky_png_engine.rb:4
    from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `gem_original_require'
    from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `require'
    from /usr/local/vae/vae_local/lib/vendor/compass/lib/compass/sass_extensions/sprites/engines.rb:25
    from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `gem_original_require'
    from /usr/local/vae/vae_local/lib/vendor/compass/lib/compass/sass_extensions/sprites.rb:15
    from /usr/local/vae/vae_local/lib/vendor/compass/lib/compass/sass_extensions.rb:10
    from /usr/local/vae/vae_local/lib/vendor/compass/lib/compass.rb:5
    from /usr/local/vae/vae_local/lib/vendor/compass/lib/compass.rb:4:in `each'
    from /usr/local/vae/vae_local/lib/vendor/compass/lib/compass.rb:4
    from /usr/local/vae/vae_local/lib/vae.rb:13
    from /usr/bin/vae:7:in `require'
    from /usr/bin/vae:7

• Doh! Ok, new version posted, can you try it?

• It works fine now, thanks!

• Is there anything special I should have to run this on windows? There's no extra prerequisites listed, but I am getting an error when I run it... I am on Windows 7 64-Bit by the way.

C:\work\Site>vae
    C:/VaePlatform/bin//../vae_local/lib/vae.rb:2:in `require': no such file to load
    -- digest/md5 (LoadError)
    from C:/VaePlatform/bin//../vae_local/lib/vae.rb:2
    from C:/VaePlatform/bin//../vae_local/vae.rb:7:in `require'
    from C:/VaePlatform/bin//../vae_local/vae.rb:7

I know that doesn't show a lot but it would be helpful to know if it's something on my end or in the vae local install itself.

• Hi Steve,

We'll check into this for you.

• Since I don't have a Windows 7 test machine, why don't you try to grab me on AIM (I'm ambient400). We can work through the issues. It'll be way faster than going over email.

Let's start by having you download and install a fresh copy of Ruby and see if that helps:
    http://rubyforge.org/frs/download.php/75107/rubyinstaller-1.8.7-p352.exe

• Vote Up0Vote Down KevinKevin September 2011

To anyone looking for help with this -- what you need to do is download that copy of Ruby as specified above, and then install it TO C:\VaePlatform. If you let it install to the default location, it won't fix the problem.

We're working on getting an update to the installer done ASAP.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion