What steps should i take if my client wants to leave the Vae platform?
  • e.g. obtain all of my data and assets?

• 3 Answers sorted by
  • Export all of the structures and import them into a spreadsheet.

• Vote Up0Vote Down Scott September 2010

For starters, you can export the entire site structure and content to XML from the Site tab. There should be a button for this under "Operations". You could also export a specific structure under the Content tab to .csv, .json, .xml, .txt, .sql for more flexibility.

The thing to be aware of is that the mass export doesn't give you the actual asset files (e.g. images, favicon, PDF's, etc. that have been added via Vae, not FTP). In the XML file they are just URL's to the actual image files as saved in Vae.

• Vote Up0Vote Down KevinKevin September 2010

We are absolutely committed to making sure that we never hold anyone's data hostage. As mentioned, we provide a full export of your entire site's structures and content in an XML format. You'll need to download the assets individually, but we give you the URLs so you can do so.

At the end of the day, we want your business only if you want to be our customer. We don't want anyone sticking around because they feel they have to.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion