Vae Users Tab
The Vae Users tab is where you can add, edit, and delete Users on this Vae account. User accounts on Vae provide login access to the backstage (with whatever permissions you'd like to assign) and, if Vae is hosting E-Mail for this website, an E-Mail account at this website's domain(s).
Vae user accounts are coupled to E-Mail accounts, so the password for the E-Mail account will always be the same as the password for the backstage for that user. If your E-Mail is hosted elsewhere, adding E-Mail addresses on the Users tab will have no effect.
Different Vae plans include a different number of users. If you exceed the limits provided by your plan, you will be charged $5/month per block of up to 5 users.
Adding a User
To add a new user to the website account, click thelink at the top right corner of the list:
Anform will be displayed with the following fields:
- Real name of the user. For your reference only.
@ sign in their email address. Example: <username>@<domain>.com.- This will be the username that the user usees to log into the backstage. It will also become the part before the
and - Choose a password for this user.
- Existing E-Mail address of the person using this account. This should be an E-Mail address hosted elsewhere (i.e. not on Vae). We will use it to send the user a message if they ever forget their password.
<username>@<domain>.com.- If checked, this user account will also be an E-Mail address. Example:
- Check to allow this user access to the Content tab, which includes access to managing website content. This does not provide the ability to change content structures.
- Check to allow this user access to the Newsletter tab, which includes the ability to send newsletters and view past newsletters.
- Check to allow this user access to the Store tab, which includes access to orders, statistics, and coupon codes.
- Check to allow this user access to the Usage/Billing tab, which includes the ability to view usage and payment history, change plans, and change payment information.
- Check to allow this user access to the Users tab, which includes the ability to add, edit, and delete users.
- Check to allow this user access to the Site tab, which includes the ability to define content structures and set settings for the account, newsletter, website, and store.
- Check this box if this user is having trouble uploading files on Vae. This will force this user account to use the simple file uploading widget instead of the Flash-based upload widget.
Click thebutton to complete the process of adding the user.
Editing a User
To edit a user, simply click theicon next to that user in the list:
This will open anform with the same fields as above. Click the button to complete the process of editing the user.
In order to change a user account from a Vae-only account to an E-Mail address, you must re-enter the password.
Removing a User
To remove a user, simply click the redicon next to that user in the list. The user and E-Mail address will be deactivated immediately. After you delete a user, any E-Mails destined for that address will bounce, and that user will not be able to log into the backstage. If the user is currently logged in, they will not be kicked out of their current session.