Information We Collect
- There are two main types of information we collect: (1) information you input yourself once logged in to the Service, which is primarily the content, design, and source code for the website(s) associated with your Vae account ("User Content"); and (2) information customarily logged by web server software, including the date and time of your visit, the originating IP address, the pages and images requested ("Usage Data").
- Additionally, we collect information from those who communicate with us via e-mail or our website, and information volunteered by consumers, such as the information you provide during registration ("Registration and Billing Data"), and contact form submissions and E-Mails ("Correspondance Data").
How Information is Used
- "User Content" is only used to provide you with the Vae Platform service. We will not access this data for any other purpose, except as provided below.
- "Usage Data" and "Correspondance Data" is used to help us understand how the Service is being used and to help us improve the Service.
- "Registration and Billing Data" is used for billing purposes and to notify you about important service-related notices.
- Unless you request otherwise, we may use the name of your website and screenshots from your website in advertisments promoting Vae.
- Due to the nature of the job, employees and contractors of Action Verb, LLC may see your User Content while performing Service administration (for example, restoring a set of data from a failed hard disk). These people have signed confidentiality agreements and, if they fail to preserve this confidence, they are subject to disciplinary action, including losing their job, and potential criminal prosecution.
- Wherever possible, we secure your browsing sessions with SSL, to prevent eavesdropping, tampering, and message forgery. If SSL is enabled, you will see a lock icon in your browser. Secure sessions are enabled by default for all use of Vae except for FTP, Subversion, and E-Mail connections. Please be sure to explicitly enable SSL in your E-Mail client to ensure that your E-Mails are securely transmitted to you.
- Cookies: Use of the Service requires support for cookies, small pieces of data that are stored on your computer's hard drive and transmitted back to the Service with each web page request. A cookie simply identifies your browser to the Service by assigning it a unique ID number, which enables us to associate your session with your account.
U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework
- Action Verb, LLC complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries. Action Verb, LLC has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view our certification page, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/
Action Verb, LLC
ATTN: EU Safe Harbor
PO Box 29502 #20898
Las Vegas, NV 89126
Action Verb, LLC has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the US-EU Safe Harbor Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by Action Verb, LLC, please visit the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR web site at www.bbb.org/us/safe-harbor-complaints for more information and to file a complaint.
- All of your "User Content" will be deleted from our active servers when you cancel your account.
- Because of our efforts to ensure Service availability, we maintain backup copies of all data. As a result, residual copies of your "User Content" may remain on backup media for a period of time after cancellation.
- Your use of the Service is governed by a Terms of Service, which will prevail in the event of a conflict with this document.
- This document was last updated on March 22, 2012.